CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 29, 2008

That Red-Haired Hussy!

So I had a dream last night that was disturbing on so many levels.... In the dream I was me, age 27 but in high school, albeit "upper classman" high school where me being 27 was totally normal. (In telling this to my boss earlier he says, well that's just college - ok, fine, college but it felt a HELLOFA LOT like high school - lockers, the whole bit). So in this dream I'm dating a guy who happens to be the dean of students and assistant VP of Student Affairs at CSUN (for his sake and my embarrasment we'll call him W) W also happened to be his present age which I imagine has to be mid 50's. For those who need a visual, picture Richard Roundtree....still need a little more help? Ok, Shaft. W looks like Shaft. Yeah.

So I'm dating W, (who looks like Shaft), me 27, him 50-sumthin and we are the "it" couple on campus! He meets me at my locker, we eat lunch together every day, he drives me home from school - it's perfect! The only problem is (naturally) me. I'm a social butterfly who is attending to everything and everyone BUT this fine mutha(Shut yo' mouth)! So, he dumps me. Not publicly, very quiet, very easy, he lets me go. So quiet and easy that I don't even know about it until I see him with his new girlfriend, Molly Ringwald! Now, for all general purposes I would say I can't be mad at her, that I should've been mad at W, but that red-haired hussy knew we were together and she started dating him anyway! Don't get me started on W, who was kind enough to mail me an invitation to their wedding, which I attended (arially btw). I just remember looking down on their beautiful wedding thinking, those sonsabit**es!

Ok, so as a counselor (in training) I am supposed to be able to help my clients deduce meaning from the crap above, but I've got nothing. Now what's wrong with me when the girl sweet enough to play sugar in a movie about C&H is stealing my man....a man old enough to be my father? A man who happens to be the dean of students at my college? Who even knows what the dean of students at their college looked like? All I can say is, when I start dreaming about the dean as my love item I am DEFINITELY too wrapped up in school. Hooray for summer! (And by the way, Richard Roundtree does the real life W NO justice! He's a great looking guy, classy, smooth as eggs (afro and mustache a little 70's-ish) and he is highly respected in his field. I definitely look up to him, but don't know the next time I'll be able to look directly at him)

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

What did you eat last night? Sheesh girl, that is some dream.